Okiok releases version 4.11.1 of S-Filer/Portal™.
This release upgrades external libraries and correct identified issues but does not introduce new features in the product.
- There are no new features introduced in this minor release.
Minor improvements and bug fixes
- This version addresses memory consumption problems that were identified when transferring large files in End-To-End mode.
- The User Cleanup process has been corrected to avoid inactive users to remain present in the solution after their expiration date has been reached.
- Minor security enhancements following Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) advisories on external libraries used by S-Filer Portal.
- Memory consumption remains an issue when transferring very large file (over 30GB) with non chromium-based browsers. Chromium-based browser are recommended when using End-To-End encryption for transferring very large file.
- Depending of your certificate management, it might be required to move trusted certificates into the JRE cacerts of the different S-Filer components.
Feature deprecation and removal
- Reminder: The next version of S-Filer will abandon the JMX technology used for communication between different components. JMX will be replaced by the HTTP(S) protocol. This change will simplify the configuration of the solution as well as the configuration of firewalls.
- Reminder: Applet support will soon be removed. The Applet will be maintained within the solution as long as Microsoft officially supports the browser IE 11 which is the latest modern browser still supporting the Java plugin. The end-of-life date of IE 11 is currently scheduled for January 14, 2020. It is recommended to use the new end-to-end encryption technology introduced in this version of the solution and available with modern browsers.
This section describes an update from 4.11.0
- This update includes some database schema changes. It is recommended to perform a full backup of the database before proceeding with the upgrade.
- This update does not changes UI themes.
- This update does not change the email templates.